Follow the following steps to enable the access of VAT4U to HMRC
👉 Why is this required?
If you use VAT4U to submit VAT refund claims from the UK to another EU country where your company is not VAT registered it is necessary to activate a delegation to VAT4U on the UK Tax Administration portal named "HMRC".
Note: In the HMRC portal, you have the possibility to grant access to the VAT refund section only. VAT4U will not access any other area.
Before you grant access to VAT4U on your HMRC EU VAT refund portal, you first need to make sure that your company has the EU VAT Refund service enabled on HMRC. If it is not the case, please check how to enable the EU VAT Refund service on HMRC Portal.
👉 Who should activate the delegation?
This delegation must be made for your UK established company for which you wish to obtain E.U. VAT refunds.
👉 Who will get access?
VAT4U has an active account on the HMRC Portal. The delegation consists of granting access to VAT4U.
👉 Activate the delegation step by step?
- Login to your HMRC Online Tax Services account
- Click on Manage Account
- Click on "Add or Delete team member"
- Click on Add Team member and add the following VAT4U user:
⚠️ Make sure to use these exact details!
Name: Max Bot
User type: Standard
- Confirm your request
- You have received an email from HMRC with a Gateway code. Please transfer this email to email@example.com
You have successfully set up a delegate in your HMRC portal. However, you now need to grant access to this delegate the EU VAT Refund section of your HMRC account.
👉 Grant access to your EU VAT refund service step by step
- From the section Manage Account in HMRC, click on "Give a team member access to tax, dutiy or scheme"
- Click on VAT EU Refunds, Manage team members
- Grant access to Max Bot and Save
🙂 If you reached this step, it means that the delegation is done!