For security reasons, you may prefer to share the iOSS number only with specific people using encryption.
👉 Why this encryption?
The encryption allows you to have better control over who is receiving the OSS number and when. It also avoids sharing the iOSS number in an email or via SMS where this number could be stored and not encrypted. The feature put emphasis as well to the recipient on the fact that the iOSS number is strictly confidential.
👉 How does it work?
- You inject the iOSS number in VAT4U Platform (Real iOSS number)
- VAT4U Platform transforms this iOSS number into a "fake" number (Encrypted code)
- You send a key to the recipient (Decryption key)
- The recipient receives a link to a webpage where he can decrypt the iOSS number
- You control who and when the recipient does it
In order to decrypt the iOSS number, the end-user will need 3 things:
Encryption code (fake iOSS number generated by VAt4U platform)
Decryption Key (generated by VAT4U Platform)
Email address (his/her email address)
👉 How to do it?
Go to iOSS / Accounts
Select the Account for which you need to share the iOSS number and follow these 3 steps:
- Click on Supporting data
- Inject the real iOSS number
- Click on Update iOSS number
The System has generated a "Fake iOSS Number" which is named "Encrypted code"
Now you can send this encrypted code to the person of your choice. Together with the Decryption key the person will be able to decrypt the code
- Inject the name and email of the recipient you want to send the iOSS number
- Click on Grant grant Access and send email
💡The person will receive the first email with the Encrypted code and the link to the page where to decrypt the iOSS number.
- Click on Send decryption key with the recipient by email:
💡The person will receive a second email with the Decryption key and the link to the page where to decrypt the iOSS number
👉 How can the iOSS number be decrypted?
Open the link provided by email and inject the 3 pieces of information
If the information provided by the user is correct, the iOSS number will appear: