After receiving a decision from the Tax Authorities, you can upload the decision in VAT4U and change the status of the application from Claimed to Approved, Partially approved, Rejected, or Appealed
- Go to 'VAT Recovery - Manage VAT Claims'
- Choose the VAT refund application you need to update and click on the ID
- A new window will open. Go to the tab 'Decisions & Appeals'
- Click on the button 'Add new decision'
- 'Decision status' - choose the appropriate option - Approved, Partially approved, Rejected, or Appealed
- Complete 'Date received' and 'Deadline for appeal' (if it is not informed in the decision letter and you wish to appeal the decision, you may need to contact the Tax Authorities)
- 'Decision documents' - upload a copy of the decision letter or of the email from the Tax Authorities
- Click the 'Save' button. A pop-up will warn you that an email will be sent to the email address shown.
- Go to the tab 'Overview', refresh the page and you can check that the status of the claim has been updated.
⚠️ Partially approved: when in 'Decision status', you choose 'Partially approved', there will be one more step after you click on the 'Save' button. The system will show you all the lines/invoices in the application so that you can amend the ones that have been rejected or partially refunded.
👉 Line/invoice rejected: under the heading 'Refund status', click on the green button which says 'REFUNDED', and choose 'Rejected'.
👉 Line/invoice partially refunded: under the heading 'Approved (local currency)', click on the Pencil and then you can amend the amount so that it shows the amount actually refunded by the Tax Authorities.
Once you finish, the system will show you at the bottom of the page, the total amount that has been actually refunded by the Tax Authorities.