In order to submit accurate claims, it is important to keep your company profile up to date.
👉 1. Go to 'Setting' - 'Companies'
Select your company
- Move to the right part of your screen and select 'edit'
👉 2. 'General Information'
- 'General Information' contains the data that we are providing to the tax authorities. Please make sure that you enter the official registered address of your company.
- 'Contact email 1' is the address VAT4U uses for communication with you. Preferably, you should enter one person that is our main point of contact for operational aspects of the VAT process.
👉 3. 'VAT Information'
Please update the following areas
- Your VAT ID Number
- For German companies: Local tax number (Steuernummer) and the State of the tax office (Bundesland, in which the tax office is located), e.g. Stuttgart -> Baden-Württemberg.
- In case your company is VAT registered in another EU Member State, please update the VAT registrations. This helps to avoid sending VAT refund claims by mistake to those countries where you are VAT registered.
- If you have claimed in countries outside the EU (e.g. Switzerland) and you know your reference number under which previous claims have been handled, you can share info here. This helps to inject this reference number for subsequent claims.
👉 4. 'Billing'
The 'Billing' section allows you to update all details around the billing of our services
- Recipient of services
- Deviating invoice recipient (e.g. Share Service Center address)
- Additional information
👉 5. 'Representative'
VAT4U manages all power of attorneys in this area. You can upload new POAs, withdraw existing ones or just check the POAs status.
👉 6. 'Bank Info'
The Section 'Bank Info' contains the bank details that VAT4U uses as bank details for VAT refunds unless otherwise agreed with you. Any change of bank details triggers an alert to all administrators of this company account in order to secure unintentionally changing the data.